davon Heute: 151
bewertet mit 28 Sternen

Seite: 1 | ... | 20 | 21 | 22 |
| 24 | 25 | 26 | ... | 159   

27.08.07 13:19

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroDevelopment banks conference starts today

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20070827/mohome.htm

Development bank’s conference starts today

The 22nd Association for Development Financing Institution (ADFIP) conference starts in Port Moresby today.
The conference — organised by the National Development Bank — will discuss measures on how development banks can overcome management crisis, which leads to many development banks becoming insolvent. It will also hear the social, economic and development problems caused by HIV/AIDS in the region and hear from the owner of the NDB, the Independent Public Business Corporation, which will present ideas on state-owned enterprises. On Thursday, the delegates will travel to Lae to visit some of the NDB-funded projects. High on the agenda will be talks on how development banks, which are owned by their state government, can overcome political influence and meddling. NDB, which has a record of being afflicted by political interference before being saved from a fourth insolvency, is set to play a "big brother" role in sharing that experience with the other banks. It will be attended by the Fiji Development Bank, Development Bank of Samoa, European Investment Bank, Tonga Development Bank, Bank of Socredo, Bank of American Samoa, Bank of Cook Islands, Niue Development Bank, Development Bank of Tuvalu, Development Bank of Kiribati, Development Bank of Vanuatu, Federated Sates of Micronesia Development Bank, ADFIP Secretariat, UNICEF/UNAIDS, ADFIPAP and Standard and Poors. Caretaker Forest Minister Patrick Pruaitch will open the conference today.

27.08.07 14:11

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroAutonomous Bougainville set to go

http://www.thenational.com.pg/0308/special8.htm

Autonomous Bougainville set to go

By CHRISTINE BANIAN
THE people of Bougainville capped off the 2004 year on a positive note when then the National Executive Council approved the Bougainville Constitution paving way for an autonomous Bougainville Government.
And this comes after years of negotiations, reconciliation and weapons disposal all done during the peace process and these were supervised by the Peace Monitoring Group (PMG) and the United Nations Observer Mission on Bougainville.
It was a long process leading up the final approval from NEC recently.
The approval of the constitution by the National Government, according to the Bougainville Governor John Momis creates an occasion for a paradigm shift in the way the National Government deals with provinces (when I say provinces, I mean all provinces).
He pointed out that the National Government has to accept provincial governments as equal partners in nation building, in national development.
“Autonomy I believe should make people more responsible for national unity and for national development and according to the Bougainville Peace Agreement we have this joint supervisory body comprising of national ministers and Bougainville leaders to supervise, to monitor and to implement the ongoing diversion of powers and functions to Bougainville.
“In other words, neither Bougainville Government nor the National Government can unilaterally do things which may be detrimental to the other. So it’s a good agreement with checks and balances.
“National Government and Bougainville can work with one another without harbouring any suspicious because, rather the outcome of negotiations or discussions must be mutually acceptable and must be in the best interest of both parties.”
Mr Momis gave credit must to both sides (Government and the people of Bougainville) because the Bougainville Peace Agreement which is the basis for the Bougainville Autonomous Constitution is a result of a joint effort achieved after a serious of negotiations and the accommodating the interest of the National Government as well as the interest of Bougainville.
“So, it’s another milestone in the political history of Bougainville which I believe empowers the people of Bougainville to accept the challenge to promote good governance and development on basis of self reliance and democratic principal.”
Even with the approving of the constitution, leaders of Bougainville as well as those in Parliament are now calling on the people to adhere to the next part of the Bougainville Peace Agreement and that is weapons disposal.
“We the people of Bougainville have to work together now, to reconcile to be united and we must have the political will and the moral courage to take the necessary steps to complete the weapons disposal programme.
“We have to get rid of all weapons and make Bougainville weapons free and make it secure for all citizens of Bougainville, of Papua New Guinea and of visitors from outside (internationally).”
Even Inter-Government Relations Minister Sir Peter pointed out that the challenge is to do everything possible to encourage those who still refuse or are reluctant to join in to cast aside fear and suspicion and help make the elections, autonomy and peace, Bougainville-wide.
He said whilst the Bougainville Constitution was equally important, it is vital that the UNOMB reports that all contained weapons are destroyed, including those that have been removed, before the autonomous elections take place in accordance with the Bougainville Peace Agreement.
With relations to election, Mr Momis said that depends on funds and how long it takes to redraw the boundaries.
“We envisage the elections to take place in April but the Interim Bougainville Provincial Government as you know although people don’t accept as their government (they see it as another half of the National Government), I think we have sit down now and look at economic recovery, look at what to do to normalise things, to sort out lawlessness (lawlessness is not that much of a problem).
“I think once we have macro economic activities, once the young people feel that they’re engaged in something worthwhile I think they will be more responsible.
“Law and order will very much improve.
“Certainly we will not be self reliant because that’s a long way down the line. But I’m confident the autonomous government gives the people a sense of ownership.
“I think that itself psychologically go a long way to motivate people, to work hard instead of passing the buck and blaming the national government for everything that goes wrong I think they will accept the responsibility.
“It’s a new paradigm, people have to think differently and if they don’t do it, then who else will do it. I think psychologically, the people will be motivated.”

27.08.07 14:48

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroIt's all about China."

Remember the hostile bid by Alcoa for Alcan back in May, and the nail-biting suspense as we waited for either Rio Tinto or BNP Billiton to step into the saddle as a white knight? Well, the winner turned out to be Rio Tinto (NYSE: RTP - News). Not a company known for heavy M&A activity, RTP jumped in big-time recently with a $38 billion dollar bid for the Canadian aluminum company, trouncing Alcoa's measly $27.5 billion offer (a billion here, a billion there). When asked why, the RTP CEO Tom Albanese commented to every reporter he saw, "It's all about China."

Maybe. But to analysts, it wasn't as clear as all that. Sure, the deal makes sense for Alcan. Alcan has been lusting after RTP's assets for years in order to expand their own business. But the positives aren't as clear cut or immediate on RTP’s side of the equation. In the long term, RTP may be able to achieve in aluminum the same market dominance it holds in iron with its rivals BHP and CVRD, but investors weren't sure when the news hit, and the initial reaction was a drop in RTP share. The latest news is that RTP has raised $40 billion for the deal, floating commercial paper hotter than Rolling Stones tickets in a geriatric facility. All those investors surely must believe it's a good investment.

27.08.07 19:13

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroSchon über 110K in USA umgesetzt (ADRs)

Kurs 0,65 USD 0,4774 € 0,7916 AUD

Somit dürfte heute nacht eine 100K VK Order in AU a 0,88 auftauchen wenn mein Verdacht berechtigt ist.

In den letzten 3 Monaten wurden durch die US Verkäufe schon über 2,5 Mio ADRs vom D Markt abgezogen,was dem ADR Kurs langfristig zugute kommen wird.(PARI) ;-)))

http://www.otcbb.com/asp/...ume&Month=7-1-2007&IMAGE1.x=19&IMAGE1.y=7

BOCOY - BOUGAINVILLE COPPER Volume

Total Share Volume Jul 07 1,044,843  

Total Share Volume Jun 07   524,900  

Total Share Volume May 07   952,036  

Total Share Volume Apr 07    16,650  

Total Share Volume Mar 07    75,001  

Total Share Volume Feb 07   137,800  

Total Share Volume Jan 07   697,614  

28.08.07 02:11

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroDAS könnte den Durchbruch bedeuten ;-)))))))

http://www.thenational.com.pg/082807/nation4.htm

Mekamui to support ABG

By ALOYSIUS LAUKAI

The final jigsaw in Bougainville’s pursuit for autonomy and eventual independence appears completed with the announcement that the Mekamui group once controlled by Francis Ona, has decided to lay down its arms and support the Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG) headed by President Joseph Kabui.
This is the first time the Mekamui leadership has made this move since peace on Bougainville was restored, and after many years of rivalry between the two organisations.
Last week, the Mekamui leadership in a letter to Mr Kabui requested that the ABG take on board the Mekamui organisation under its traditional chieftaincy system.
Following the request, Mr Kabui and his Veterans Affairs Minister Glyn Tovirika met with high ranking Mekamui officials last Tuesday and formally agreed to work together for the first time despite their ideological differences.
The meeting was held at the Mekamui administration office at section 6 Arawa town, and included Mekamui general Chris Uma and his men Michael Puavira, Edmund Mikinaa, William Mungtaa and Blaise Iruinu.
The Arawa meeting also paved the way for the local government and ABG Minister for Kastom Jonathan Ngati to officially meet the Mekamui officials to further deliberate on the matter.
The successful meeting also made it possible for Mr Kabui to pass through the ‘No-Go Zone’ roadblock at Morgan to travel to Panguna to officiate at the memorandum of understanding signing of the Bana district land acquisition ceremony.
Mr Kabui welcomed the move for Mekamui to work with the ABG and said this was again another big step in achieving Bougainville’s dream of becoming independent one day.
He said for Bougainville to achieve its goal, it needed total co-operation from all its citizens and groups.

28.08.07 11:46

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekro=DJ INTERVIEW: PNG Expects Panguna Mine

To Restart 2 Yrs

Bei Petrel (896395 auch eine SL Empfehlung)kann man jetzt sehen wie schnell signifikante Kurssteigerungen stattfinden sowie sich die Nachrichtenlage zum positiven dreht.

=DJ INTERVIEW: PNG Expects Panguna Mine To Restart 2 Yrs -2-

Panguna produced about 180,000 tons of copper a year to rank as the world's third-largest copper mine. It remains closed despite a 1998 cease-fire and the formation of an autonomous island government.

Any decision on resuming mining at the dismantled operation is estimated to cost around US$1 billion.

Before any decision can be taken, however, stakeholders must complete a review of new fiscal and operating terms for exploration and mining on the island, Akoitai said.

The long-delayed review process is expected to begin in the first quarter of next year and take "months" to complete, he said, adding the benefits for Bougainville would have to be significantly better than current terms.

"It's an issue close to me. I'm from Bougainville and I also represent the electorate where the mine is. I would want the review process to be concluded quickly so we can decide the future of mining in Bougainville."

"The whole reason the government in Bougainville asked for this review process to began is so we can sort out the outstanding issues and then perhaps start mining from a clean sheet."

Benefits for the local community would have to be in line with new benchmarks of modern mines, he said, without elaborating.

Akoitai said Australia's Ord River Resources Ltd. (ORD.AU) and Gallipoli Mining Pty Ltd are among companies to make recent approaches to authorities on the possibility of exploring in Bougainville.

-By James Attwood, Dow Jones Newswires; 612-8235-2957; james.attwood@dowjones.com
-Edited by Ian Pemberton

29.08.07 01:12

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroABG, rebels meet

BOUGAINVILLE Autonomous Government President Joseph Kabui leads a delegation today into the region’s last bastion of resistance to central government rule – Panguna’s “No Go Zone” area.
In what is seen as a major move to finally end all hostilities, the visit, where an agreement is expected to be signed, is also underpinned by hopes of talks beginning soon with landowners of the rich Panguna copper deposit for mining to resume.
Bougainville desperately needs to develop its copper deposits to finance the Autonomous Government’s development plans.
According to sources on the ground, the trip will also result in the lifting of the 18-year No-Go Zone ban on the Panguna copper mine and surrounding areas through to Morgan junction.
Mr Kabui said yesterday “the hatchet will be finally buried for both parties to work together’’.
“Good things are happening to Bougainville and this is one of them, a very good sign. The signing tomorrow is for long lasting peace and it will be the start of many good things to come.’’

29.08.07 01:17

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroChief calls for payment by Bougainville Copper

Jetzt liegen die Karten auf dem Tisch.BOC soll Kompensation bezahlen u. wiedereröffnen.Ob die paar Nullen zuviel ein Denk-oder Schreibfehler sind bleibt abzuwarten. ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20070829/wehome.htm

Chief calls for payment by Bougainville Copper

A CHIEF in Central Bougainville has demanded Bougainville Copper Limited pay K10 billion compensation before thinking of re-opening the Panguna mine.
Speaking on behalf of the “silent majority” on Bougainville, chief David Sisito said it was the Autonomous Bougainville Government’s (ABG) desire to re-open the Panguna mine because the ABG needed funds to run the Government and to revive the region’s economy.
“But before we think about all of this we must be compensated, and BCL has to pay its K10 billion before thinking of re-opening the Panguna mine,” he said.
“It is a good idea to re-open the mine because we won’t be just depending on the National Government, but there are certain issues we need to address before thinking of re-opening the Panguna mine and the K10 billion is the main vote,”Mr Sisito said.
Mr Sisito said the money would be used for:
* OUTSTANDING compensation for Panguna landowners.
* COMPENSATION for those who lost properties and those who died in the Bougainville crisis.
*COMPENSATION for environmental damage caused by the mine.
* SOME money from the K10 billion will be given to the ABG.
“The majority of the Bougainville population are still standing firm on the proposal that Bougainville Copper should pay up the K10 billion before they think of opening the Panguna mine.” he said. He said it was in the best interest of BCL to re- open the Panguna mine and they should clean up their backyard first.

29.08.07 08:44

66 Postings, 6277 Tage rsb1957Chief calls for payment by Bougainville Copper

"Jetzt liegen die Karten auf dem Tisch.BOC soll Kompensation bezahlen u. wiedereröffnen.Ob die paar Nullen zuviel ein Denk-oder Schreibfehler sind bleibt abzuwarten. ;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))"

Seht ihr! Davor have ich euch immer gewarnt. Und wenn das erledigt ist, muß die Finanzierung geklärt werden.  

29.08.07 12:11

286 Postings, 6968 Tage bergfex58Vermittler gefragt

Die Ernsthaftigkeit dieser Vorstellung von 10 Bill. Ks kann man am Wunsch ablesen, "some of 10 bill. should be transferred to the ABG". Wenn die Herren Geißler und Biedenkopf mit der Lokführerangelegenheit fertig sind, schlagen wir sie als Vermittler vor.

29.08.07 13:42

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekro@rsb

"Davor have ich euch immer gewarnt."

Schaut man sich den heutigen Kursverlauf in D an,so scheint es bei der Interpretation der Meldung bei einigen Verkäufern zu Missverständnissen gekommen zu sein.(Das BID von 1,05 $ zur Eröffnung in AU sollte eigentlich die Richtung vorgeben ;-)))

Es war schon immer klar dass BOC noch Kompensationszahlungen zu leisten hat.(So sind zumindest die Royalties für das letzte halbe Produktionsjahr (89) noch zu leisten.)

Die genannte Summe von 10 Billion Kina ist schlichtweg ein Witz oder ein Druckfehler.

Insgesammt geht es um 10 oder 11 Mio Kina,umgerechnet also um rd. 2,5 Mio €,ein Betrag den BOC aus der Portokasse bezahlen könnte.Damit wären alle Forderungen
(Umweltschäden,Royalties,Kopensationen für die Hinterbliebenen der Krise,etc)abgegolten.

Dazu schreibt Lawrence

David Sisito should be reducing three zeros from his compensation demand.
From memory it is K11 million not billion. He should ask for what can be
reasonably expected and focus more on the future rather than dwell on the
past. But it is good he is talking about BCL and not Invincible who can
pay nothing to the landowners .

Viel wichtiger erscheint mir dieser Satz " He said it was in the best interest of BCL to reopen the Panguna mine..." Es hat sich also nicht nur die Erkenntnis durchgesetzt dass die Pangunamine wiedereröffnet wird,sondern auch dass es durch BOC sein soll.Kleinere Differenzen im Vorfeld des Treffens Kabui/Albanese sollte man deshalb nicht überbewerten.Anil rechnet damit dass BOC die Mine binnen eines Monats besichtigen könnte.

"I am optimistic BCL will be able to send its people to Panguna within a
month. The first objective will be to do an environment and facility
assessment. The second objective is to have a Mining Forum meeting in
which you could present your proposal on "Democratising the future income
for Bougainville landowners." I will be happy to help you in this
proposal."

Wenn erstmal ABG,BOC u. Landeigner offiziell an einem Strang ziehen dürfte die Finanzierungsfrage von 1 Mia USD bei 20 Mia Reserven,über 100 Mio cash u.7 zusätzlichen Lizenzen nicht wirklich ein Problem darstellen.Die CAS (Country Assistance Strategy) der Weltbank (welche ihren Sitz in PNG übrigens mit BOC im gleichen Gebäude hat) gibt da genügend Beispiele. http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/...~theSitePK:333767,00.html

Nicht zu vergessen dass BOC auf ihrem GM auch die Möglichkeit von Joint Ventures mit anderen Companys bei den zusätzlichen Lizenzen angedeutet hat.Da sowohl die Lizenzen als auch die Infrastruktur (Hafen,Zufahrtsstrassen etc.)im Besitz von BOC sind dürften sich somit äusserst günstige Konditionen aushandeln lassen. ;_)))

29.08.07 13:45

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroThe president of the European Shareholders of Boug

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0708/S00685.htm

29.08.2007 SCOOP (New Zealand)

ESBC Lauds Positive News from Bougainville

The president of the European Shareholders of Bougainville Copper (ESBC), Mr Axel G. Sturm, declared on Wednesday in France: “We are very surprised about the positive news from Bougainville and we appreciate very much that now the time has come to start serious discussions on future mining in the Panguna area. We are also glad that President Joseph Kabui wants to meet Mr Albanese from Rio Tinto. Congratulations to him too that he visited the No-Go-Zone. We hope that Panguna now will become a Welcome-Zone and that our experts can visit the mine in the near future.”

Mr Sturm represents the third biggest group of investors in BCL in Europe. The ESBC claim for fairness between all parties involved in the Panguna copper project and fights for mining that has only minimal environmental impact. “Since the Panguna mine was closed,” said Mr. Sturm, “mining technology made a giant step forward. Severe damage of nature can be avoided today. In our discussions with the BCL board of directors we always point out that the latest and most modern techniques must be used in Bougainville. That is why the reopening of the Paguna mine is estimated round about 1.2 billion US Dollars (K3,54 billion). This is a very important investment in the future of Bougainville and the Bougainvillean people.” Addressing to Chief David Sisito Mr Sturm said: “The ESBC is open to every fair discussion with our partners. But we remember too that the ‘coin Panguna’ has two sides like every coin. One side is fulfilled with mistakes of Rio Tinto and others in the past, but the other side is represents the struggle of the Bougainvilleans for their independence from PNG. We should not forget this either. We agree to talks with Mr. Sisito to discuss all his claims of compensation as published today. But Mr. Sisito, are you ready too to talk with us about compensation of financial losses for the shareholders of BCL within the last 18 years when the mine staid closed?” Mr. Sturm: “I mean we are a new generation of people who is acting now and who have to shoulder a big task. That means that we all have to work together to build up a better future for Bougainville. The European Shareholders of BCL are ready to face their responsibility in fairness and good will.”

29.08.07 19:30

177 Postings, 6202 Tage joebo100 Milliarden

ich bin doch etwas erstaunt, dass hier überhaupt jemand auf eine solche Meldung reagiert,

nichts gegen Klarstellungen, die sind schon in Ordnung, sicher,

aber eine solche Phantasiemeldung auch nur im Ansatz ernst zu nehmen,

wenn Daimler-Benz ankündigt, den Umsatz im nächsten Jahr zu verhundertfachen,
jeder wüßte, da kann nur irgendwo ein Fehler vorliegen,

ich musste jedenfalls spontan lachen, als ich die Nachricht von "100 Billions" las,

und bin daher auch gar nicht willens und bereit, mich zu einer solchen Meldung inhaltlich zu äußern

29.08.07 21:42

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroUp-Date zu BOC von Kingstrade ;-)))

30.08.07 08:25

22 Postings, 6271 Tage gertschi100 Milliarden

Hallo Joebo,
und schon haben wir den Betrag von 10 Milliarden verzehnfacht.
Eine Null auf oder ab scheint auch bei Dir keine Bedeutung zu haben.
LG
Gertschi  

30.08.07 09:51

177 Postings, 6202 Tage joebo 100 - sorry

war vielleicht etwas hektisch geschrieben,

aber es ging hauptsächlich um den Unterschied Millionen - Milliarden - Billionen,
und ich denke, das kam auch so rüber  

30.08.07 10:03

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroResponse to ESBC Panguna Statement

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0708/S00612.htm

Response to ESBC Panguna Statement - Dr Gavin Mudd
Thursday, 30 August 2007, 4:24 pm
Opinion: Dr Gavin Mudd

Dr Gavin Mudd
Environmental Engineering
Monash University

Response to Panguna Statement by ESBC -- ("ESBC Lauds Positive News from Bougainville")
The European Shareholders of Bougainville Copper are clearly still out of touch, proof being this comment: "mining technology made a giant step forward. Severe damage of nature can be avoided today."

What bizarre planet do such comments originate from ?

This is a ridiculous comment - the scientific understanding and technology existed when Bougainville opened, what was missing was the commitment to operate a proper, engineered waste management plan for waste rock and tailings. In Australia in the 1970's almost every single mine was required to build and operate well engineered tailings dams and manage waste rock appropriately (the notable exception being Mt Lyell, Tasmania - which still has Panguna-esque pollution legacy also visible from simple services such as Google Earth).

For waste rock and tailings, the technology has not improved or changed much at all (some would even say imperceptibly), with the only minor differences being the rehabilitation strategies now used combined with better sampling and monitoring during operations. The recognition that poor waste rock and tailings can cause a massive scale of environmental pollution and associated social impacts is certainly better - but in reality the technology has not changed much at all.

Any future operation of Panguna/Bougainville - IF AT ALL - must develop a proper, engineered waste management plan for waste rock and tailings, as well as undertake massive scale works to remove and remediate heavily polluted areas.

This is the legitimate position I understand many locals and landowners are coming from.

In my own professional judgement, I would be extremely skeptical of any claim that 'severe damage … can be avoided'. If BCL were to adopt modern environmental standards such as those they operate to in Australia or the United States, they could certainly minimise the extent and nature of environmental and social impacts - but never avoid them completely. A degree of impacts is the very nature of mining - sound predictions before mining and managing impacts during and after mining requires sound science and not blind faith, hope and industry rhetoric.

Actions speak voluminously louder than words.

I am optimistic and hope I could be convinced otherwise for Panguna/Bougainville - but must remain a realist until proven otherwise.

ENDS

Dr Gavin M Mudd is an Environmental Engineer and a recognised specialist in mining, environmental impacts and sustainablity

30.08.07 10:28

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroway for talks with Panguna landowners

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/news/stories/s2019807.htm

Last Updated 30/08/2007, 15:58:02

Papua New Guinea's Autonomous Bougainville province President Joseph Kabui will sign a communique with Mekamui rebels to pave the way for a resumption of mining.

Firmin Nanol reports that President Joseph Kabui has led a delegation to the province's ''no go zone area'' in Panguna this week.

Rebels led by a self-styled King Pei, Noah Musingku, have taken control of the abandoned Panguna Copper mine areas.

The communique will pave way for talks with Panguna landowners for mining to resume.

The chairman of Bougainville Copper, which owns the Panguna mine, Peter Taylor, says the talks are encouraging as it plans to reopen the mine.

"As a long term vision for the company, reopening the mine is what we want to do," he said.

It was forced to close when rebels led by late secessionist leader Francis Ona took up arms against the mine over environmental pollution.

30.08.07 11:26

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroAU Orderbuch

Der 100K Interessent in AU kauft momentan nicht mehr aus dem ASK sondern stellt sich ins BID u. wartet erstmal auf Verkäufer.

Buyers  

Quantity         Price    
1   5,000           0.830  
1   98,755          0.820  
1    2,430          0.810  
1    4,000          0.800  
2   20,676          0.785  
3   16,000          0.780  
1   13,000          0.765  
4   22,228          0.760  
2    6,000          0.755  
2   252,000         0.750  
1     2,000         0.600

Sellers  

Price    Quantity

0.880   93,400   2  
0.890   25,000   1  
0.900   28,575   3  
0.920   10,686   2  
0.930   18,481   1  
0.980   10,000   1  
0.995   10,000   1  
1.000   25,150   3  
1.030   11,000   1  
1.050   19,473   2  
1.110    9,000   1  

30.08.07 11:33

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroFinanzierung durch Rio Tinto

Rio Tinto completes 40 bln aud loan syndication for Alcan takeover

SYDNEY (Thomson Financial) - Australian and UK-listed, Rio Tinto, the
world's third largest miner in revenue terms, said Thursday it has completed the
sub-underwriting phase for a syndicated 40 billion US dollars term loan and
revolving credit facilities.
   The funds will be used for the 38.1 billion dollar purchase of Canada's
Alcan Inc, which including debt, brings the total cost to about 44.0 billion
dollars.
   Rio Tinto said the facility is the largest ever raised by a UK corporate and
the fourth largest worldwide.
    It said the syndication received strong support, despite recent volatility
in global credit
markets, and was more than one third oversubscribed.
   The miner has received the backing of Alcan's board for its offer of 101
dollars per ordinary share.
  The facilities were initially underwritten by The Royal Bank of Scotland,
Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and Societe Generale.
   "This extremely positive response underlines the strength of Rio Tinto's
existing asset base, the attractiveness of the Alcan transaction and the solid
credit profile of the enlarged Rio Tinto group," Guy Elliott, Rio Tinto's chief
financial officer said.
   The acquisition is expected to be earnings and cash flow per share accretive
to Rio Tinto in the first full year.

30.08.07 12:57

1158 Postings, 6281 Tage sumoeydaher denke ich auch BCL wird verkauft

30.08.07 17:39

1158 Postings, 6281 Tage sumoeyABG closer to controlling Panguna

ABG closer to controlling Panguna

Thursday, 30 August 2007

THE Autonomous Bougainville Government may be one step closer to bringing the Panguna copper-gold mine back into production after the secessionist group occupying the mine offered to lay down its arms.

The Mekamui group, once led by the late Bougainville secessionist leader Francis Ona, will also work with the ABG and lift the 18-year "no-go zone" it has maintained on the abandoned mine and surrounding areas.

"Good things are happening to Bougainville and this is one of them, a very good sign. The signing ... is for long-lasting peace and it will be the start of many good things to come," the National newspaper quoted ABD President Joseph Kabui as saying.

The news comes after Kabui reportedly sought a meeting with Rio Tinto chief executive Tom Albanese to discuss Panguna's future.

Panguna was one of PNG's best money-makers until landowners forced its closure in the late 1980s.

Attempts to re-open the mine resulted in civil war and the loss of about 10,000 lives.

30.08.07 21:16

571 Postings, 6277 Tage Rentnerdaseindaher denke (glaube) ich auch BCL wird verkauft

Mein Opa hat immer gesagt:

Glauben heisst nichts wissen! lachen

Der Mann hatte Ahnung!

Wem interessiert hier die Meinung einzelner, im Aktiengeschäft zählen letztendlich Fakten, Fakten, Fakten.

Mutmaßungen (ohne Hintergrund) sind etwas für Träumer und Phantasten!

Hier die traurige Realität:

Chart

Saludos gehe in den beheizten Pool :-)))))

31.08.07 00:29

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroBougainville conducts survey on region s reefs

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20070831/frhome.htm

Bougainville conducts survey on region’s reefs

THE Division of Primary Industry in Bougainville, through its Fisheries office, will be conducting a survey on all the reefs in the region starting next month.
The survey, which will involve the fisheries officers and the people living close to the areas where they will be conducting the survey, is expected to continue for three years.
According to fisheries officer Kevin Anana, the main aim of this survey is to find out more about the different marine resources living in these reefs so they will come up with plans on how people can conserve these marine lives.
He said the survey will be conducted to find out about the different marine resources like beche-der-mer, trochus shells and other resources living on the reefs.
“The main aim of conducting this survey is to find out more about the different marine resources living in the reefs of Bougainville so we will know how much marine resources we still have,” he said.
“We will start from Haku and do our survey all around the island of Buka. Then we will cross over to mainland Bougainville and conduct our survey there. After completing the survey we will come up with a plan on how people can look after these resources.
“Many times the Government has been telling people to stop harvesting resources like beche-der-mer, without knowing how much of these resources we still have on our reefs. After conducting these surveys we will have a fair idea of how much of these resources we still have.”
The project will be funded by AusAID, National Fisheries Authority and Nature Conservation.

Wer hier wohl als "traurige Realität" zu bezeichnen ist.........;-))))  

31.08.07 08:08

15639 Postings, 6281 Tage nekroUPNG, ABG sign MoA

http://www.thenational.com.pg/083107/nation24.htm

UPNG, ABG sign MoA

By AUGUSTINE KINNA
THE University of Papua New Guinea open campus in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with the Autonomous Bougainville Government (ABG) yesterday at Kubu.
The MoA will help develop the Buka open campus and ensure the highest possible academic standards are achieved by its students.
Present at the MoA signing ceremony were UPNG Vice-Chancellor Prof Ross Hynes, UPNG Open College executive director Dr Abdul Mannan, ABG President Joseph Kabui, chief administrator Raymond Masono and ABG members.
The signing strengthened the already existing relationship that the UPNG open campus and ABG had.
Prof Hynes said the signing signified a commitment in maintaining the Buka open campus.
He said education at all levels was the foundation for the future of any society therefore, strong tertiary education was the foundation for good accountable leadership.
“There is no easy way to a good education. Each person needs to use their full potential to learn and succeed because tertiary level qualifications must be earned through focused and dedicated work,” he said.
Prof Hynes pointed out that the open campus would not only seek to provide professional tertiary and certificate level courses but also seek to encourage and foster the development of leadership skills.

Seite: 1 | ... | 20 | 21 | 22 |
| 24 | 25 | 26 | ... | 159   
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben