neuester Beitrag: 10.12.09 12:49
eröffnet am: 25.11.06 17:40 von: charly2 Anzahl Beiträge: 427
neuester Beitrag: 10.12.09 12:49 von: CosmicTrade Leser gesamt: 101706
davon Heute: 2
bewertet mit 4 Sternen

Seite: 1 | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 |
| 16 | 17 | 18  

19.02.08 22:30

1677 Postings, 7257 Tage drubert1Noch einmal ...

0.445 2000    OBB 14:56:53
0.425 5000    OBB 14:56:27
0.425 1500    OBB 14:56:15

w   0.40 1000000    OBB 14:56:14

0.425 1000    OBB 14:53:45
0.43 40000    OBB 14:41:15
0.43 5000    OBB 14:40:26
0.43 5000    OBB 14:36:30

:-) drubert  

20.02.08 11:18

1575 Postings, 7596 Tage ÖlmausSolar Energy: Investing in BIPV Companies

Solar Energy Technology: Investing in BIPV Companies

There's been growing clamor lately about BIPV companies and BIPV Stocks. Which technology is the best? Which company should be invested in? And, for some, what is BIPV? Let's try to clear this mess up.

BIPV stands for Building Integrated Photovoltaics and refers to solar energy technologies that are integrated into a building's façade or roof. The idea is that solar cells would not be an addition to a building, but rather incorporated directly into the building materials by way of shingles and glass (windows), although some BIPV components can be retrofitted onto a building.

In the future, solar cells may even be printed onto brick and other external materials, but that is highly contingent upon developments in nanotechnology and few investment opportunities exist for that technology right now. If anything does pop up, I'll be sure to pass it along.

BIPV Companies

For starters, let's take look at a few of the most prominent BIPV-related companies out there. I'll do my best to summarize each company's technology and investment potential for each.

Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd. (STP)

When Suntech acquired Japanese company MSK Solar in August 2006, it instantly became a major player in the BIPV game.Now a Suntech subsidiary, MSK Solar Buildings was, and continues to be, one of the top-ranked companies in the BIPV sector. The company offers a wide range of traditional cells that can be integrated into buildings' roofs as well as glass modules that offer supreme aesthetic value.

Here's a list of the company's BIPV solutions, taken right from their website:

· Just Roof--Ideal for gabled and pitched roofs

· Melty Roof--PV module with snow melting function

· Re Roof--Ideal for tiled roofs

· Photovol Roof--The original MSK BIPV roof

· Light Thru type--Glass with highly aesthetic finish

· Photovol Glass--Designed in tandem with architects

The Just Roof series would be the typical retrofit for many existing homes. When installed, all previous roofing materials are removed, and the panels become the new roof, complete with weatherproofing. Melty Roof is the same design, only with an added snow melting feature.

The Re Roof is better for flat or tiled roofs, and can either be installed for new construction or installed as a retrofit. The Photovol Roof adds to aesthetics by blending the panel color directly into the roof.

Suntech's glass BIPV repertoire starts with the Light Thru type. They are thin crystalline cells, sandwiched between sheets of glass, with spaces to allow light to pass through.
Photovol Glass combines some of the best BIPV cells with leading architectural practices. These amorphous silicon modules cut nearly 90% of the light heat entering a building, block 99.9% of UV rays and still produce electricity while allowing light to pass through.
Look for Suntech to continue to be a leader in the global BIPV industry. As the largest worldwide solar module provider, the company has several reasons for investors to look their way.

Their cells are high-efficiency, reaching up to 18%, and they offer a 25 year warranty. And their Chinese production base allows for low-cost manufacturing.

Given their annual net income grew 276% from the end of 2005 to end of 2006 combined with the recent market sell-off, I like this company under $50.

Open Energy Corporation (OEGY.OB)

Well, from one extreme to another. Open Energy is currently the low man on the totem pole when it comes to BIPV companies. But I suspect it won't be that way for too long--especially because they've got Suntech on their side.

In August 2005, Open Energy signed an agreement to buy Toronto-based Solar Roofing Systems and its patented BIPV roofing membranes, dubbed SolarSave.

In November of that year, the company acquired Connect Renewable Energy Inc.--maker of BIPV roofing tiles. By April 2006, all the acquisitions were complete and the company had secured over $20 million in financing and was already producing prototypes.

The company's BIPV SolarSave products come in three lines:

· SolarSave Roofing Membranes

· SolarSave Roofing Tiles

· SolarSave Architectural PV Glass

Open Energy's roofing membranes are designed to be easily retrofitted on commercial, institutional, industrial and residential structures. They can be installed with no demolition or disposal costs and need no structural reinforcement.

The roofing tiles are designed to blend seamlessly with a building's shingles or roofing tiles, and can be installed just in just the same way. They can support up to 200 pounds per square foot of snow and they resist wind up to 125 mph. And they come in a variety of colors to match any building's roof.

Finally, the architectural PV glass is designed to meet the aesthetic, performance and structural requirements of architects and design professionals. They can be designed to match nearly any design specification because they can be made in a variety of colors, thicknesses, patterns and shapes.

And the best part is, they signed a letter of intent for strategic cooperation with Suntech Power back in May 2007. Per that agreement, Suntech is manufacturing Open Energy's SolarSave PV tiles, and the two companies will market each other's products in the North American market.

While the relationship is intended to by symbiotic, Open Energy should get the lion's share of the benefits--at least for now.

And at only $0.34, we'd take all we can get.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/...ting-in-bipv-companies?source=feed  

20.02.08 11:21

1575 Postings, 7596 Tage Ölmaus@drubert

ja, hab ich auch gesehen. Frage ist: wer hat verkauft und vor allem: wer hat das gekauft!  

20.03.08 13:27

1575 Postings, 7596 Tage ÖlmausGroße Empfehlung aus den USA

Mahlzeit,

hier ist ja nix mehr los?!

habe bei w:o gerade das hier gefunden:

Hallo,

habe gestern Nacht einen Newsletter aus den USA erhalten. "Wealth Daily" geht um ein Solarunternehmen aus Kalifornien. wenn man den Text so liest und die Bilder anschaut (!!) Dann ist irgendwie schon klar, um welches Unternehmen es geht Zwinkern

Könnte also heute nen kleinen Aufwärtsschub geben...

You are receiving this as part of your free subscription to Wealth Daily

Wednesday, March 19th, 2008

Dear Reader,

Using a source officially discovered by NASA in 1978, a small California company has perfected a way to harness the "Earth's Energy Budget," which NASA has measured at 174 Petawatts per day.

1 Petawatt of energy is enough to supply all of New York City for 10.5 years straight.

And this tiny California solar company, recently featured on NBC's Today Show, just figured out how to harness these Petawatts. In less than a decade, these systems will be on nearly every home and office building in North America.

Dear Reader:

There's a fast-growing high-tech company in California that just unlocked one of the largest sources of energy anywhere on earth.

Officially discovered by NASA in 1978, the energy source is known as the Earth's Energy Budget. And right now it stands at 174 Petawatts every single day.

How much energy is in 174 Petawatts?

Let me put it this way - just one Petawatt is enough to keep the electricity going in New York City for 3,846 days straight!

And the company in California that I'm going to tell you about has created a way to capture those Petawatts and convert them into useable energy for homes and buildings.

And, more importantly, they can do it without installing costly and ugly solar panels.

In fact, dozens of buildings have already installed the company's energy converting systems, including the world famous Savoy Hotel in San Francisco and the University of Toronto.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. In the coming years, it's estimated that nearly every new home built in America will have these systems.

And once installed on a mass scale, these things could eventually capture more energy in a single month than Saudi Arabia will produce in the next 50 years!

This breakthrough is the next generation of building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV), or solar panels built right into buildings' external structures.

You see, traditional solar panels are large, unsightly and expensive. But with solar shingles and glass, the architectural design appears unchanged. Take a look at this house, which has installed the company's solar roof shingles:

These little solar roof tiles can actually generate enough electricity for your entire house.

I'm telling you, this development is a blockbuster, and could literally change the way we use energy forever.

The Birth of a New Industry: Endless Energy
Many think this solar company will single-handedly transform the energy market, making electric utility companies nearly obsolete, similar to what PC and Windows did to typewriter companies like Brother and Smith Corona.

I don't know if that'll happen or not. But I do know this.

The company is getting some major media attention, recently being featured on NBC's Today Show.

I'm predicting that it'll increase in value by 763% over the next three years.

You see, this stock is small, trading at a market cap of just around $50 million. And it's completely under Wall Street's radar.

But that's changing. And changing fast.

Wall Street is tripping over itself trying to find new and promising solar stocks to invest in.

And the reason is simple: Major profits!

Not only are alternative energy stocks red-hot right now, posting an average annual gain of more than 40% since 2003, but these companies represent the next generation of energy.

It's the future. Plain and simple.

To give you an example, when First Solar went public in November '06 the buying frenzy shocked many traders unfamiliar with the progression of alternative energy markets . . . but not me.

You see, this company was bringing updated technology to the table. Technology that was disruptive to your run-of-the-mill solar energy company.

Much like our young BIPV stock right now.

Analysts originally predicted that First Solar's stock would open somewhere between $16 and $18 a share. But on the morning of November 17, shares of First Solar opened at $25 a share, and never looked back.

And it commands a market cap of $16 BILLION! And that's on sales of $54 million.

Share the Wealth
With the solar energy industry booming, there's been a trickle-down effect, too. Any company directly or indirectly connected with solar is benefiting.

Again take a look at MEMC Electronic Materials, for example. It's a global supplier of silicon wafer technology to the solar industry.

Its stock has soared in value, going from $1.05 in 2001 to a high today of over $80. That's a gain of over 7561%. Check it out:

With gains like that, investors are making a fortune investing in alternative energy stocks.

That's why I'm so bullish on my tiny solar roof stock. It's next in line for blockbuster gains.

I'm predicting that every $10,000 invested will turn into $76,300 within three years.

Double up and you're looking at $152,600.

Sounds too good to be true, but one of my favorite solar recommendations, World Water & Power (WWAT.OB) has gone from $0.14 in 2006 to over $2.50.

Take a look:

Likewise, I think this new solar roof stock will easily hit $2.00 in 2008 . . . and $4.19 within three years.

You can still pick up shares of this solar roof stock for about $0.35!

In a minute, I'll tell you how to get a piece of the action. But first, let me tell you why . . .

You Must Erase "Alternative" from Alternative Energy
Let me dispel a myth. "Alternative" - as in alternative energy - isn't "alternative" anymore. It's mainstream.

Solar Fact #1:
The sun produces an estimated 4 trillion watts of electricity every single hour . . . enough power to meet our current energy needs for the next 500,000 years.
Over the past several years, FedEx, Staples, the Timberland Co., and corporate behemoth Wal-Mart have begun installing solar panels at their stores and facilities.

Now listen, I don't want you to be disillusioned. These companies aren't installing solar panels because they've suddenly become concerned about global warming.

No, they've installed solar panels because it'll reduce their electric bills by as much as 60% each month.

That's what's driving the boom in solar energy.

But it's a boom that still hasn't caught on with John Q. Investor.

In fact, the ordinary investor doesn't have a clue about the potential in these stocks. Let me explain . . .

It wasn't that long ago that I attended the Solar Power Conference and Expo in Washington, D.C.

It's one of the largest, most influential future and clean energy conferences in America, where policymakers and leaders in the energy industries learn about the latest in solar technologies.

It was there that I had an epiphany.

You see, while attending a press conference with Senator Lamar Alexander (chairman of the subcommittee on energy) and three of the most powerful CEOs in the solar industry, I made an important and profitable discovery - one that has already made some investors a lot of money!

Solar Fact #2:
"As prices for coal, natural gas and oil have soared, solar power has been getting perhaps its most serious look from investors since President Jimmy Carter pulled on a cardigan and asked Americans to damp their furnaces. The new interest means that the handful of domestic solar stocks has been surging, too."

- The New York Times, September 11th, 2005
On that Friday afternoon, in a makeshift pressroom in the basement of the Hyatt Regency hotel, only eight journalists were meticulously taking notes.

Eight journalists! That's it!

That's when I realized the average investor is still clueless as to just how lucrative this market is.

But that's OK. Because while these guys sleep on what is already shaping up to be one of the most profitable markets of the 21st century, a group of wise investors are making a fortune in solar.

In fact, the last solar manufacturer I recommended has already delivered gains of more than 245% in the past six months.

But I'm expecting even more from this next one.

Let me show you why, of all the publicly-traded solar companies, this is the one that will soon dominate the BIPV segment of the solar energy market.

$40 to 50 billion in revenue by 2010

When most people think about solar, they envision photovoltaic devices (PV). This is what a typical photovoltaic installation looks like:

Now during the energy crisis of the 1970s, serious interest in solar technology took hold in the U.S. But due to prohibitive prices, large-scale applications were nearly impossible.

However, in 2007, with oil trading at over $100 a barrel, interest in solar has returned. Only this time, PV is cost-effective.

In 1976, the average selling price per watt was about $100. Today it's significantly less. Take a look:

With such a drastic reduction in price, coupled with the ever-increasing price of oil, it's no wonder that both residential and industrial consumers are starting to flock towards solar alternatives.

In fact, since 2001, the global photovoltaic market has averaged about 40% annual growth. And this year alone, PV production is expected to reach 2.5 gigawatts, representing approximately $24 billion in revenue. That's double its level in 2003.

By 2010, analysts estimate global PV manufacturing will be sufficient to meet one third of new U.S. electric demand annually - representing $40 to 50 billion in revenue!

There's no doubt the PV business is booming.

Solar Fact #3:
"Few power-generation technologies have as little impact on the environment as photovoltaics. As it quietly generates electricity from light, PV produces no air pollution or hazardous waste. It doesn't require liquid or gaseous fuels to be transported or combusted. And because its energy source - sunlight - is free and abundant, PV systems can guarantee access to electric power."
- U.S. Department of Energy
And one company that's going to exploit this for everything its worth is featured in my special report, Endless Energy.

In this report I outline why this solar company - with a market cap of just around $50 million - stands to profit more than almost any other solar manufacturer on the planet.

Even when matched against industry giants like Sharp, Kyocera and BP Solar!

But you have to act fast.

Energy legislation is scorching hot on the Hill right now.

And the extension of the solar tax credit is right around the corner.

The last solar tax credit extension for just one year pushed solar through the roof.

Just imagine what this next eight-year extension's going to do!

Rest assured, this thing's going to get passed. And really, for no other reason than that every politician in Washington knows this one's a big-time vote-getter.

And that's why I want you to buy this solar energy stock right now, before it goes up any further.

A Solar Roof and Window on Every Home and Business

The fact is, solar roof tiles applied to new buildings provide the opportunity for substantial benefits as a competitive alternative to non-energy producing roof tiles.

Builders and manufacturers of building products already use roofing tiles. So they're especially attracted to the economic benefits of using similar materials that produce energy while continuing to function as an actual roof.

And with the increasing love affair solar is having with new, cost-efficient PV technologies, coupled with the outlook for green building growth, this stock is in a perfect position to take the lead in low-cost BIPV.

That's why I want to offer you my latest report, Endless Energy, completely FREE of charge when you become a member to my cutting-edge investment service, Green Chip Stocks.

Let me explain . . .

Welcome to Green Chip Stocks
Green Chip Stocks represent the most important stocks traded today, for one simple reason - these are the stocks that will be the catalysts for the first real profit trend of the 21st century.

A profit trend that is already worth more than $30 billion in its infancy!

Grabbing your share now is like getting a piece of the automobile market back in 1908. And I don't mean just Ford, either. I'm talking about the market as a whole. Oil, rubber tires, road construction, etc.

Turning the Green Movement into Mountains of Greenbacks
Let me introduce myself. My name is Jeff Siegel.

I worked for Agora Publishing between 1994 to 2001, learning about the financial markets from some of the top investment minds in the world.

For the past six years, I've been traveling the world investigating the current state and the future of energy.

My travels have taken me to Rome, London, New York . . . and everywhere in between.

Now, I was taught at Agora that the time to invest in a stock or industry is when nobody is talking about it. You sell it when everybody is talking about it.

And that's why I'm writing to you today.

I have a report I want to give you for joining my investment service, Green Chip Stocks.

The report is Endless Energy: The tiny stock that'll bring it to every home.

This report features my favorite energy stock, the company that develops revolutionary photovoltaic building materials.

Now trading for $0.35 a share, I think this stock is a potential blockbuster, and could return over 750% in just a few years.

Simply fill out your membership form and I'll immediately send you a username and password that'll give you access to the report.

Plus, when you join Green Chip Stocks, you'll receive my members-only weekly letter, which updates you on current positions and alerts you to new stocks I'm recommending.

So, you get the report Endless Energy, plus 52 issues of Green Chip Stocks.

Not a bad deal . . . for just $79 a year.

Especially when you consider our track record.

The fact is, we were the first to launch this kind of service focusing strictly on "green" markets.

And we were the first to bring our readers stocks like XsunX (XSNX.OB), which we sold for a 545.95% gain, and Regi U.S. (RGUS.OB), which we sold for a 218% gain, and Wild Oats (OATS:NASDAQ), which we sold for a 74.5% gain.

For less than $0.22 a day, you just can't beat gains like that!

If at any time you're not completely satisfied with the quality of service and commentary offered, simply cancel before 30 days and I'll refund every penny.

And this next one - our $0.35 solar BIPV stock - is already shaping up to be our next triple-bagger.

So don't wait.

Get it now while it's still trading below a buck.

Sincerely,

Jeff Siegel  

20.04.08 14:51

910 Postings, 6630 Tage bembelboysehr still um Open Energie

Ölpreis bald bei 120$, gute Zeit noch paar nachzukaufen.

17-Apr-2008

Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement

Item 1.01. Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement
On April 10, 2008, Open Energy Corporation ("we" or the "Company") entered into an amendment to our joint marketing and distribution agreement with Burlingame Industries, Inc., dba Eagle Roofing, dated as of April 6, 2007, pursuant to which, among other things, Eagle Roofing agreed to certain monthly minimum purchase commitments for April 2008 through December 2008. Pursuant to the amendment, Eagle has agreed to purchase at least 82,500 tiles in minimum monthly increments from April 2008 through December 2008. Furthermore, if the Company introduces its second generation asphalt shingle product on or prior to October 1, 2008, the total minimum purchase commitment increases by 11,000 tiles. If Eagle Roofing fails to meet its aggregate minimum purchase requirements for any of the calendar quarters ended June, September or December 2008, then the pricing offered to Eagle Roofing for product actually purchased in such quarter is incrementally increased based upon the size of the purchase failure. If Eagle Roofing attempts to purchase and the Company fails to deliver at least the applicable quarterly minimum purchase amount, then the pricing offered to Eagle Roofing for product actually purchased in such quarter is incrementally reduced.

16.05.08 13:20

612 Postings, 6330 Tage hassiaoliist hier noch jemand dabei?

18.05.08 09:53

910 Postings, 6630 Tage bembelboyBin noch dabei,

und auch weiter zuversichtlicht. Nach den Wahlen im Amiland wird Solarenergie dort nicht nur was für exotische Spinner sein, sondern hoffentlich auch Bestandteil des Wirtschafts- und Beschäftigungsprogramm der neuen Regierung.  

18.05.08 11:36

612 Postings, 6330 Tage hassiaolidein wort in obamas ohren:-)

19.05.08 17:30

910 Postings, 6630 Tage bembelboyBischen Plus gibts heute schon als Vorgucker

06.06.08 17:47

910 Postings, 6630 Tage bembelboyÖlpreis sprunghaft gestiegen

und Open Energy dümpelt da rum.  

13.06.08 16:56

910 Postings, 6630 Tage bembelboyvon gestern

Open Energy Announces $2.2 million in Purchase Orders from Eagle Roofing Products

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080612/20080612005841.html?.v=1  

25.06.08 13:57

398 Postings, 6448 Tage penskijämmerlicher Chart

schaut euch doch einmal den Jahreschart von Open Energy an. Hier nütz alles schöne Schreiben nichts mehr, der Chart sagt alles.
Wiso kommen Umweltaktien so schlecht hinüber? Weil das jahrelange Gejammer der Linken und Grünen über die Klimaerwärmung und den damit verbundenen Kollaps, jedem vernünftigen Menschen langsam aber sicher auf die Nieren schlagen.
Habe bei einer Grossbank vor zwei Jahren einen hochgepriesenen Fonds gekauft der auch alternative Energien im Korb hat. Sie können zweimal raten wie der läuft, alles Schrott.
Darum, streift die links - grüne Seele ab und postet eine reine Ölaktie, dort fliesst der Rubel.  

25.06.08 14:08

4152 Postings, 6885 Tage Warren B.Auch hier wurde wieder der gleiche Fehler gemacht!

Bei diesem Unternehmen kamen die Worte "Solar" und "Kalifornien" in
einem Satz vor und schon  muß das ein erstklassiges Solarunternehmen sein!

Wenn das "Experten" machen, sehe ich das noch ein! Aber warum
Kleinanleger immer wieder in irgendwelche kleinen, unbekannten,
ausländischen Firmen investieren müssen, obwohl man deren Lage von
D aus gar nicht richtig einschätzen kann, bleibt für mich ein Rätsel!

Zumal gerade Deutschland mit die weltweit besten Solarunternehmen
beheimatet! ...

Nein, da läßt man sich lieber von irgendwelchen BE´s in einen
(Solar-) "Goldrausch" versetzen und wundert sich dann, wenn man auf die
Schnauze fliegt!!! ...

Sincerely,

Warren B.  

26.06.08 08:11

329 Postings, 8467 Tage peters3Wer in diese Bruchbude investiert,

der ist selber schuld.
Nix als eine Prospekt-Firma, also ein Zockerpapier.
Auf der Homepage nicht eine Zahl zu Bilanz, Umsatz oder dergleichen.
Nur prahlerische Aussagen.

Und die Gesundbeter hier im Forum schweben in Wolkenkuckucksheim.
Allein das Wort Solar benebelt ihre Sinne.
-----------
Pro bono contra malum.

26.06.08 10:29

230 Postings, 6820 Tage MaxiwilliWenn mich nicht alles täuscht,

dann hiess OPEN ENERGY zuvor BARNABUS und war doch zu dem Zeitpunkt keine Zockerbude, oder?
Mich würde mal interessieren wie es denn weitergeht, viel Luft nach unten ist ja nicht mehr . . .  

28.06.08 17:14

8 Postings, 5900 Tage PremiumtraderPanikmacher sind der blanke Hohn...

...immer und überall tummeln sie sich:

die Panik-Macher, Pleite-Hellseher, bezahlten Schlechtredner...

am Besten man schaut sich mal die Sache über Google Maps an:

http://maps.google.de/maps

und macht sich die Mühe die Adresse von Open Energy einzugeben...

1415 Whispering Pines Lane Ste 150 Grass Valley, CA 95945

dan bekommt man den Überblick: 360 ° Rundumsicht

beinahe kann man in der Zeitung lesen.

Auch eine ARISE kostete mal 0,19 € 

und wurde zum Durchstarter des Jahres 2007

NIEMAND wollte die "Pommesbude kaufen"

nur einige sammelten fleißig ein zum Spottpreis!

Und machten locker 1000%

C T 

Chart Open Energy FRA:

28.06.08 17:36

1398 Postings, 6274 Tage CosmicTradeeinige Identitäten hier sind zum lachen...

wenn ich solche Kommentare über Identitäten wie von :
Warren.B

...lese kommt mir die Säure hoch...

Leute die sich mit internationalen Größen "schmücken" sind mir ein Gräul...

und dann noch die Frechheit besitzen ein Foto von dieser Persönlichkeit als eigenes einzustellen
unglaublich aber wahr! Es wurde genehmigt!

zum lachen

nicht weit zum Kindergarten... 

28.06.08 18:27

329 Postings, 8467 Tage peters3Der @Premiumtrader

sollte mal seine schönen Bilder an der Wallstreet aushängen.
Das wird alle Börsianer überzeugen, die ja bisher auf
die bezahlten Miesmacher reingefallen sind.

Eine Kursexplosion ist unvermeidlich.
Goldene Zeiten brechen herein.
Open Energy ist DER Premium-Wert.
Und nur einer hat es erkannt.

Oooh @Premiumtrader, danke, du hast uns erleuchtet.
-----------
Pro bono contra malum.

30.06.08 01:37

1398 Postings, 6274 Tage CosmicTrade= peters3

klar dass eure ""Lordschaft" mit dieser fundamentalen Feststellung

die Masse in Bewegung setzt....huiiiii

30.06.08 17:54

1398 Postings, 6274 Tage CosmicTradeChart USA

OTCBB USA

02.07.08 13:51

27 Postings, 6638 Tage math1928Gut Ding braucht Weile, ich bin optimistisch

Making Solar Sexy

If one electron looks the same as the next, then one way to set yourself apart from the crowd is to focus on the way those electrons are captured. This philosophy, embraced by visionary CEO David Saltman, is exemplified in his company's elegant and innovative building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) product line. His company, Open Energy Corporation, offers solar panels that blend seamlessly into homes and buildings.

While other engineers argue over the relative merits of polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) versus copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS), Saltman seems to intrinsically understand that building contractors want fire rated, UL certified roofing materials and homeowners want solar panels that look like standard cement tiles, not like Star Trek convention souvenirs.

No matter how customer tastes shift, one thing is certain: the industry won't really take off until solar power reaches the same cost as traditional grid-supplied energy, something called "grid parity" amongst summit attendees. The consensus in the crowd here was that solar will hit this milestone between 2012 and 2015.

Reaching grid parity represents a significant first step in developing a critical mass of widespread solar deployment. Once presented with the choice of equivalent-cost energy from the sun versus legacy pollution-belching power plants, the theory is that consumers will fall like dominoes into the renewable energy era. However, the challenges facing the industry are far from trivial.

Quelle: greenbiz.com  

02.07.08 23:33

1398 Postings, 6274 Tage CosmicTradenicht jedes Solar-Modul ist schön....

Standard-Solarmodule auf Luxus-Villen?

Eher wohl nicht! Es lebe das intergrierte Solardach.... 

Angehängte Grafik:
rosenthal_house.gif
rosenthal_house.gif

09.07.08 16:23

1398 Postings, 6274 Tage CosmicTradeProject of the Month: July 2008

Bella Energy’s 7kW System Made of Building Integrated Solar Roofing Tiles.

Project of the Month: July 2008

Bella Energy has installed unique solar roofing tiles on a Boulder family home. The big 7kW solar roofing tile system is a local example of the many building integrated solar equipment increasingly making its way from the successful European solar industry.

“I was surprised by the breadth of solar products available,” said owner Danny Hassan. “We purchased Open Energy  SolarSave roofing tiles instead of panels. They blend in beautifully with the roof.”

Skyrocketing energy costs motivated this Boulder family to find a long-term solution. Danny Hassan ran the numbers, calculated a 10 year payback period and said “The decision was a no-brainer. Plus, my wife and I wanted to set an example to our children how to live an environmentally consciousness life,” said Hassan. Based on 2007 usage, the Hassan family will offset roughly 85% of their electrical use.

www.bellaenergy.com/ProjectOfTheMonth

Y M

Seite: 1 | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 |
| 16 | 17 | 18  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben