neuester Beitrag: 15.10.24 23:32
eröffnet am: 10.01.20 16:19 von: baggo-mh Anzahl Beiträge: 1843
neuester Beitrag: 15.10.24 23:32 von: rosskata Leser gesamt: 717608
davon Heute: 138
bewertet mit 14 Sternen

Seite: 1 | ... | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 |

29.07.24 19:37

15 Postings, 344 Tage SamanthaKItaly

as far as i have understood the customers asked for it so i guess Aixtron had some talks with them as they wont run a site without knowing the outcome.

i hope they learned from Osram  

06.08.24 20:51

577 Postings, 6457 Tage fel216OnSemi Mgmt on EV

I always appreciate the insights and bluntness by OnSemi management team. Interesting comments on EVs, SIC and China. I absolutely recommend to listen

https://qcast.page.link/epe21N5nuUNChhbh6

Regards,
Fel  

06.08.24 20:58

577 Postings, 6457 Tage fel216Briefly on the Italy question

Well pointed question rosskata, just my quick thoughts:

I think a lot of Government grants/Subsidies involved here

Your question on cost can be sliced in different ways. Of course there are additional costs given you need people, electricity etc etc. BUT. I think the facility might ensure additional revenue that was not available from the Aachen factory, for example (and that are just my thoughts) if ST Micro requires a production footprint in Italy from their supplier because ST itself received subsidies from the Italian state. If Aix had not had the footprint it would not be electable for an order.

Another scenario: yes, again, extra cost for running the facility but if you make a profit / margin from that facility, that’s fine, right?

So I think that was roughly what Grawert meant to say on the call.. he just not found the right wording. Or did not want to give too much away.

https://techfundingnews.com/...to-invest-nearly-e10b-in-chips-report/

16.08.24 18:48

51 Postings, 358 Tage BigEuroTexas Instruments!!

Vielleicht für den eine oder anderen Wichtig

USA vergibt 1,6 Milliarden Dollar an Texas Instruments zum Bau von Halbleiterfabriken
Die Finanzierung stammt aus dem überparteilichen CHIPS Act, der die Produktion kritischer Halbleiter in den Vereinigten Staaten stärken soll.

BigEurocool

21.08.24 08:25

6042 Postings, 4125 Tage dlg.WOLF

SiC "pure play" Wolfspeed (shares down >70% YTD) is reporting quarterly figures after market close today. Seems that their Capex plans will be core focus of investores, not sure whether there will be any read-across for AIXA shares as a result:

"Capex and Funding Options Key Investor Focus. We believe Wolfspeed must further cut its 2025 capex plans of $1.5 billion to below $1 billion. This will provide much needed oxygen while allowing the company to focus on just building enough wafer capacity at Siler City to demonstrate the ramp and economics of Mohawk Valley."  

25.08.24 10:59

284 Postings, 1108 Tage ResilientGAN Renesas Waver WOLF Tools Aixtron

A 10 Years contract is good for WOLF and also potentialy good for Aixtron, opinions?
https://compoundsemiconductor.net/article/119635/...phorm_acquisition  

29.08.24 16:40

1141 Postings, 2691 Tage CWL1Q2'24 CC

Martin Jungfleisch

I have two questions, please. First one, the silicon carbide order in the second quarter. Can you tell us how much will be delivered of that EUR105 million in 2024 and how much will be recorded in 2025? And then maybe if you can also comment how much of that order was coming out of China, please?

Felix Grawert

I don't have the data here. I have to do it out of my memory. So my message is a bit inaccurate, but qualitatively, I can give it to you. I would guess 25%, 30% gets shipped still in '24 from what I know, which customers are behind it. The rest goes into '25. Mostly, there is two existing customers behind of it and one new customer, which we got on board in the first quarter. In the first quarter, we announced the new customer is on board. Now in the second quarter, there was a very big volume order placed from that customer. So the majority goes into '25. And out of those orders, there was also a decent part coming out of China, I think there was multiple China customers amongst that. So yes, there was a certain China fraction but I'm not able to quantify how much of that it was.
-------------------------------------
My guess is that Hunan Sanan is the major new Chinese customer, and other Chinese customers might include TYSIC (Tianyu).  They are all expanding 8" SiC epi wafers capacity aggressively.

I posted previously that Sanan, including Hunan San and Sanan-STM JV were hiring engineers with Aixtron experience.  From a new press release:

"...Sanan Optoelectronics' financial report also revealed the equipment procurement of Hunan Sanan's silicon carbide project - Sanan Optoelectronics' Hunan Sanan letter of credit guarantee is 150.19 million yuan, mainly used to purchase silicon carbide equipment from companies such as Aixtron, LPE, Asher, and KLA..."

06.09.24 14:35

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskata@CWL1: Asian SiC production cap

CWL1, since you have  a thorough overview of Asian (and not only) Aix SiC market: do you observe a trend of capex reduction? I cannot imagine Woolfspeed is the only major player with such plans.
I start thinking that the estimation given my Aix management this year about the next year is no longer valid. I tend to believe that a guideline of +0 % growth will be good news...keeping in mind the state of EV market.
Your view on this is highly appreciated. thanks!  

06.09.24 16:23

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskataSiC revenue this year

expected to be max 20% if we assume same distribution as Q1 and Q2 for the while year.
Some drop in the next year in SiC orders could be compensated by the other segments. Effectively maybe only by GaN.  

07.09.24 14:28

1141 Postings, 2691 Tage CWL1@rosskata

There is adaption of 800V SiC platform in almost all the new EV's in China that requires more SiC.  Tesla's EV's are still 400V based.  However, we probably won't see the effect in short term.  

13.09.24 20:59

15 Postings, 344 Tage SamanthaKGaN

Do you think Aixtron is behind the Infineon 300mm GaN?
But i see Veeco offering a Tool/Machine for 300mm GaN but not Aixtron.  

17.09.24 17:09

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskata@SamanthaK

Aix has stated they have 300 mm tool for evaluation at customers side. Very likely Infineon as well.

Here something to read: https://research-hub.de/companies/AIXTRON%2520SE

27.09.24 20:11

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskataBerenberg 'Buy' 30 Euro

HAMBURG (dpa-AFX Analyser) - Die Privatbank Berenberg hat die Aktien des Chipindustrie-Ausrüsters Aixtron mit einem Kursziel von 30 Euro auf "Buy" belassen. Auf einer Berenberg-Konferenz mit deutschen Unternehmen habe Finanzvorstand Christian Danninger signalisiert, dass er im derzeit verhaltenen Markt für Leistungshalbleiter auf Siliziumkarbid-Basis Licht am Ende des Tunnels sehe, schrieb Analyst Gustav Froberg in seinem am Dienstag vorliegenden Kommentar.

Hoffentlich gibt es dazu positive Kommentare zu Q3 Zahlen.

27.09.24 20:35

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskataUS and India invest in compound Semi Production

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/...049.cms?from=mdr

The Invest is worth roughly 15 Billions USD (source:
https://www.electronicsforyou.biz/industry-buzz/...dias-electronics/)
Just wondering how much of that will go for production equipement. Hopefully mainly by Aix.

04.10.24 14:03

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskataMcKinsey analysis on SiC market

they explore different scenarios in terms of market evolvement here:
https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/...e-silicon-carbide-wafer-market

Their bottom line:

The SiC industry is proactively addressing the new demand stemming from growth in EVs, even though uncertainty abounds about how it will evolve. No matter what scenario materializes, demand for SiC wafers will continue to grow and remain robust. Simultaneously, competition will intensify for technology, quality, and price leadership, with wafer suppliers continuing to make massive investments in improvements. Incumbents face competition from emerging companies and will benefit from ensuring that the shift to 200-mm technology delivers the expected cost advantages to maintain their technology leadership. Meanwhile, emerging suppliers must focus on iterative learning to close the technology leadership gap against incumbents. For all industry stakeholders, the next few years will be a challenging but exciting time to capture opportunities.  

15.10.24 12:01

577 Postings, 6457 Tage fel216Big News: Wolfspeed gets $ 2.5bn in Funding f SiC

So this is big news, see below from Bloomberg. Wolfspeed stock +17% pre-market, Aixtron moved from -2% to +2% intraday today. Lets see what the US market makes out of this for Aixtron. Obviously a first glimmer of hope for more SIC business at Aixtron, given we know that WOLF is an established large customer.

Regards,
Fel

Wolfspeed Wins $1.5 Billion Financing From Chips Act, Apollo (1)
2024-10-15 09:31:20.573 GMT

By Mackenzie Hawkins and Ian King
(Bloomberg) -- Wolfspeed Inc., a manufacturer of chips used
primarily in electric vehicles, is in line to win $750 million
in US government grants as well as $750 million in financing led
by Apollo Global Management Inc. to support its factory
expansion plans.
The grant from the 2022 Chips and Science Act will cover a
portion of the company’s more than $6 billion in planned
spending for factories in North Carolina and New York. The
projects are anticipated to create more than 2,000 manufacturing
jobs and 3,000 construction jobs, the Biden administration said
Tuesday in a statement. The grant spurred the financing from
Apollo, The Baupost Group, Fidelity Management & Research Co.
and Capital Group, according to the statement.
Wolfspeed also plans to tap 25% tax credits for the
facilities, and expects to receive more than $1 billion in total
refunds, Chief Executive Officer Gregg Lowe said during an
earnings presentation in August. It has already accrued around
$640 million in refunds, Lowe said.
Wolfspeed’s shares rose 17% in premarket trading on Tuesday
before New York exchanges opened. Its stock had declined 74%
this year to $11.38 at Monday’s close.
The Chips Act, a landmark bipartisan law championed by
President Joe Biden, is designed to bring semiconductor
manufacturing back to American soil after decades of production
shifting to Asia. Officials have allocated the lion’s share of
$39 billion in grant funding from the program, and they’ve
signed a final agreement on one of nearly 20 awards announced so
far.
Read More: With US Chips Act Money Mostly Divvied Up, the
Real Test Begins
The others — including massive grants to companies like
Intel Corp. and smaller ones like Wolfspeed’s — are preliminary,
subject to due diligence and additional negotiation. After
signing final agreements, companies have to meet project-
specific benchmarks to receive funding as a reimbursement.
The government and private backing may provide a welcome
shot in the arm for Wolfspeed, as the company tries to generate
new production that executives promise will provide it a better
future. The beleaguered chipmaker last posted annual profit a
decade ago and its most recent quarter of positive net income
came in 2018.
Read More: Worst Performing Chip Stock Faces More Gloom in
Wolfspeed’s problems stem from production snarls at a plant
that is one of the largest makers of silicon carbide wafers, on
which its chips are built. Inadequate supply of those wafers is
stifling manufacturing at its chip plant in Mohawk Valley, New
York, forcing the company to rely on an older factory that
carries higher costs.
Wolfspeed now plans to close that facility and shift
production to the newer one, which is one of the two facilities
the Chips Act grant would support. The chipmaker is also in an
area of growing demand — semiconductors that control power in
EVs and other devices — where the use of new materials and
techniques promises rewards for leaders.
“As the world’s largest producer of silicon carbide
material, we believe we have a compelling proposition for a
Chips grant because silicon carbide is considered a matter of
national security, is designated a critical material by the US
Department of Energy, and is essential to the electric vehicle
ecosystem,” Lowe said on the August earnings call.

15.10.24 23:32

1463 Postings, 6494 Tage rosskata... and then came ASML :D

Seite: 1 | ... | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 |

Antwort einfügen - nach oben